41 OER Conversations
OER at UW-Madison
- The Educational Innovation initiative at UW-Madison has identified OER as a priority for the university. EI’s “Open Educational Resources” page provides an overview of OER principles and a detailed strategic framework document for UW-Madison.
- Steel Wagstaff’s Medium article, “Publishing Open Textbooks at UW-Madison,” provides an overview of OER progress in 2017 and goals for 2018. It includes a discussion of how the Canvas-Pressbook integration works at a technical level.
- “Core Principles For An Open Authoring Tool” — Steel’s 2016 article discusses the objectives that led UW to identify Pressbooks as a primary authoring tool.
Open Pedagogy and OER Principles
- Maha Bali and Suzan Koseoglu’s 2016 Chronicle of Higher Education article, “Self as OER,” discusses how a commitment to OER principles shaped their teaching philosophies and practices more broadly.
- SPARC – (Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition) is an organization committed to open research principles and pedagogy, including OER.
We welcome contributions to this list!
If you would like to access this page in a larger frame, this link will take you directly to the shared Suggestions Document above. If you’d prefer, you can post a Hypothes.is comment with your suggestions instead.
*Note – it may take you one or two clicks inside this frame for the Google document to allow typed input.